Monday, May 3, 2010

FLIGHT

I'd always had dreamed of flying high in the skies
Of being on the top;
I'd wanted to soar above the clouds
Feel the glory of the sun with closer proximity;
I wanted to fly so high so that no one could even be a close second to me.

Today, as i fly higher and higher and higher
I have what I always dreamed of;
I am soaring above the clouds
I can see nothing below
I can see nothing;
I can feel the glory of the sun
I can feel the heat even more;
I am so high no one is even a close second to me;
But no one is even close!

Today, as I fly higher and higher and higher
My home seems farther and farther and farther
And in the scorching heat, the downpour begins.

4 comments:

Rahul said...

The downpour begins and I am drenched
My wings betray me and I am tired, bruised and battered
I go back to my comforts of my home
TO find everyone waiting for me with open arms

Well written... "Keep it up. Sky is the limit" :)

bdhaps said...

thanks buddy!! and also thank you for a much better ending!! :-)

Mohit Parikh said...

well written, man.

but...Really???
take care.

bdhaps said...

@ mohit : thanks man.. and yeah, after staying away from home for 10 years, there are days when u do get such thoughts !!